COVID -19 Response Updates and Information
To ensure you feel safe and comfortable visiting us inside our branch lobbies, we continue to follow the CDC guidelines by doing the following:
- Face Coverings – our bankers are required to wear them; and we will require you to as well
- Protective Shields – we have installed them on our lobby desks and teller line at our Capitol Hill branch, for extra protection when meeting with you
- Social Distancing – please follow the guide signs on our floors and desks and remain six feet apart
- Hand Sanitizing – stations are conveniently located for your use
- Increased Cleaning – we continue to frequently clean and disinfect throughout the day and in between customers
- Capacity Limits – we will limit the number of customers in our lobby to ensure appropriate social distancing
We encourage you to continue using our digital banking services whenever possible for your convenience.
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit/Remote Deposit Capture
- ATMs at all our branch locations
- Anytime Telephone Banking 202. 546.3456
- We continue to deep clean equipment and frequently-touched surfaces such as new account desks, teller line counters and check-writers along with doorknobs and in high-traffic areas such as our restrooms.
- We continue to practice self-distancing with our bank department employees and our work-from-home schedule remains in effect.
- We have instructed any employee who is sick to stay home and self-quarantine.
- Please know we are here for you and understand the financial well-being of our customers can be adversely affected during this challenging time.
SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness
and Next Round of Funding
Loan Forgiveness Details
Paycheck Protection Program loans should be fully forgiven if the funds are used for eligible expenses such as payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (at least 60% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll).
The Bank has established a strategic partnership with a third party software company specializing in data processing systems for banks. An online platform will be made available for our PPP borrowers to submit their forgiveness data, upload supporting documentation and create the forgiveness application, which the bank will be able to review, validate and file with the SBA.
If you have not yet submitted your forgiveness application, we recommend consulting your CPA and/or attorney for further guidance.
For additional questions, please contact our PPP Team by phone (202) 851-4496 ext. 6234 or email at
Next Round of PPP Funding
The new COVID Pandemic Relief Bill has been passed by Congress and was signed into law on December 27, 2020. National Capital Bank plans on participating in the new round of PPP loans. Details will be forthcoming, pending guidance from the Small Business Administration (SBA) on the new process, effective dates and application requirements. Additional information, resources and updates can be found by visiting these sites:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- The CARES Act Assistance to Small Businesses
Throughout our 131-year history, NCB has faced and survived many periods of uncertainty through prudent business practices and community support. These times are no different, and we are committed to continuing to serve our customers and community - you are our top priority!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and provide updates to this page, as well as on our social media channels, as necessary. For additional information about the COVID-19, visit the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website.