COVID -19 Response Updates and Information
Branch Operations Update - Branch Lobbies Now Open!
We hope you have remained healthy and safe during the last few months. Although our offices have been opened for business, we are pleased to announce that our branch lobbies are now open for walk-in assistance.
To ensure you feel safe and comfortable visiting us inside our branch lobbies, we have implemented the following:
- Face Coverings – our bankers are required to wear them; and we will require you to as well
- Protective Sneeze Shields – we have installed them on our lobby desks for extra protection when meeting with you
- Social Distancing – please follow the guide signs on our floors and stand six feet apart
- Hand Sanitizing – we have added stations for your use
- Increased Cleaning – we frequently clean and disinfect throughout the day and in between customers
- Capacity Limits – we will limit the number of customers in our lobby to ensure appropriate social distancing
We encourage you to continue using our digital banking services whenever possible for your convenience.
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit/Remote Deposit Capture
- ATMs at all our branch locations
- Anytime Telephone Banking 202. 546.3456
- We continue to deep clean equipment and frequently-touched surfaces such as new account desks, teller line counters and check-writers along with doorknobs and in high-traffic areas such as our restrooms.
- We continue to practice self-distancing with our bank department employees and our work-from-home schedule remains in effect.
- We have instructed any employee who is sick to stay home and self-quarantine.
- Please know we are here for you and understand the financial well-being of our customers can be adversely affected during this challenging time.
- We remind you to be aware and vigilant that this is a time when scammers are in full force trying to take advantage of the situation. Please do not provide any personal information through email or phone calls that you receive. Be cautious when opening messages and attachments from unknown sources claiming to have information about COVD-19, especially regarding the issuance of the Economic Impact Payments from the IRS.
- The IRS will not send an email about these payments; to see if you are eligible, visit irs.gov.
- The IRS will not ask you to provide your personal information in an email or over the phone; for most Americans, this information is on file from previous tax return filings.
- Individuals who have not filed a tax return can sign up to receive payment using the IRS's new web tool for non-filers found here.
- For additional resources, please visit our Security & Privacy page
SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness
Applications for Paycheck Protection Program are no longer being accepted
Paycheck Protection Program loans should be fully forgiven if the funds are used for eligible expenses such as payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (at least 60% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll).
The Bank has established a strategic partnership with a third party software company specializing in data processing systems for banks. An online platform will be made available for our PPP borrowers to submit their forgiveness data, upload supporting documentation and create the forgiveness application, which the bank will be able to review, validate and file with the SBA.
Once the platform is in place, NCB will contact each of our PPP borrowers with additional details and instructions on how to submit an application, along with required supporting documentation.
Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
- Payments continue to be sent to eligible individuals
- If you have questions regarding your Economic Impact Payment, visit www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center
- Do not call the IRS for information
- If you have received your Economic Impact Payment in the form of a Debit Card and would like more information on how to access your funds or add your funds to your NCB account - Learn More here
Throughout our 130-year history, NCB has faced and survived many periods of uncertainty through prudent business practices and community support. These times are no different, and we are committed to continuing to serve our customers and community - you are our top priority!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and provide updates to this page, as well as on our social media channels, as necessary. For additional information about the COVID-19, visit the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website.