COVID -19 Response Updates and Information
Beginning Saturday, July 31, 2021, NCB is revising its face mask requirements in our DC branch locations in response to the updated CDC guidelines as well as changes implemented by the District of Columbia.
We will continue to maintain a safe business environment for all our customers by doing the following:
- Making face coverings mandatory - customers and our bankers must wear a face covering at all times - regardless of vaccination status.
- Adhering to social distancing – please follow the guide signs on our floors and desks and remain six feet apart
- Continuing to frequently clean– we continue to frequently clean and disinfect throughout the day and in between customers
- Keeping protective shields – we will keep them installed on our lobby desks and teller line at our Capitol Hill branch, for extra protection when meeting with you
- Using hand sanitizing stations – stations are conveniently located for your use
- Enforcing capacity limits – we will continue to limit the number of customers in our lobby to ensure appropriate social distancing
We encourage you to continue using our digital banking services whenever possible for your convenience.
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit/Remote Deposit Capture
- ATMs at all our branch locations
- Anytime Telephone Banking 202. 546.3456
SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness
What you need to know.
The new COVID Pandemic Relief Bill has been passed by Congress and was signed into law on December 27, 2020.
At this time, National Capital Bank is no longer able to accept or process any new PPP applications.
Additional information, resources and updates can be found by visiting these sites:
Paycheck Protection Program loans should be fully forgiven if the funds are used for eligible expenses such as payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (at least 60% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll).
The Bank has established a strategic partnership with Abrigo, a third party software company specializing in data processing systems for banks. An online platform will be made available for our PPP borrowers to submit their forgiveness data, upload supporting documentation and create the forgiveness application, which the bank will be able to review, validate and file with the SBA.
If you have not yet submitted your forgiveness application, we recommend consulting your CPA and/or attorney for further guidance.
For additional questions, please contact our PPP Team by phone (202) 851-4496 ext. 6234 or email at
Throughout our 131-year history, NCB has faced and survived many periods of uncertainty through prudent business practices and community support. These times are no different, and we are committed to continuing to serve our customers and community - you are our top priority!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and provide updates to this page, as well as on our social media channels, as necessary. For additional information about the COVID-19, visit the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website.