Security & Privacy
Protecting your account and personal information is our top priority
Security reminders about staying safe online
- Do not provide personal information in response to an email or phone
- Do not click on links to NCB's online banking log in within emails; we will not send you an email with a direct link to your online banking account.
- Do not use the same password for multiple sites. Password complexity is important, however, the longer the password the better. Use password managers like LastPass and 1Password to easily keep track of passwords.
- Log in to your online banking to check balances and verify contact information.
- Set up multi-factor authentication as an added layer of security. You'll need to use a code that keeps others from logging into your account and alerts you when they try to login.
- Lock down your login ensuring passphrases are lengthy, unique and safely stored and adopting strong authentication for added protection and are updated often.
- Update your system and software by having the latest updates for security software, web browsers and operating systems to help keep cybercriminals at bay.
- Look for the lock symbol and verify the correct website address or URL. The lock symbol means the website is using security – and that’s a good thing! It’s the secure, encrypted connection between your web browser and the server so that other people such as hackers cannot obtain information. NCB’s website address is www.nationalcapitalbank.com and when accessing your online banking the URL will display with the NCB icon and https://
- Back up your personal data with electronic copies of your most important files – things like medical records, financial information and family photos and set a schedule to do so regularly throughout the year.
- For more tips on online safety visit StaySafeOnline.org
- Debit Card controls with spending limits and activity alerts
- Ability to turn off your card if lost or stolen
- Anytime mobile access for reviewing and approving exception items in the Positive Pay module
- Out-of-Band Authentication for all online account users
- In-depth reporting on business wire and ACH activity
For additional information on how NCB is helping our customers protect their information online, please check out our Be Cyber Smart Fraud/Cyber Training: Threats and How to Mitigate Them
(Click on image below)
|P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
P. O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022